30 Jul INDEX YOUR CONTENT IMMEDIATELY WITH BING WORDPRESS PLUGIN
Index Your Content Immediately With Bing WordPress Plugin
- Bing is launching a WordPress plugin that will get index your content immediately in search results.
- The entire process is done automatically once a site owner installs the plugin.
- After installation, the plugin has to be configured with an API key from Bing Webmaster Portal.
- The Bing WordPress plugin will detect new pages and updates to existing ones.
Installing Bing WordPress Plugin
- Search “Bing URL Submissions” on the plugin install page on WordPress and download it.
- Configure with your Bing Webmaster Tools API key to activate the plugin.
- The API key is available on the API Access page in the settings.
- URL for new and updated pages will be submitted to Bing Webmaster Tools API.
- The New Pages will be indexed immediately as they are being published.
- Existing pages will be refreshed as they are being updated.
- The plugin offers some features similar to Bing URL submission tool.
- The maximum daily URL is 10,000, but more can be provided with a special request from Bing Webmaster Tools team.
- Switch the automatic submission setting on and off
- Submit URL to Bing index manually
- View recent submissions
- Retry failed submission
- Download URL submission
Bing for WordPress only
- The plugin is only available for WordPress. Other content management systems will be supported in the future.
- The code for the plugin is open source.
- Developers and CMS can leverage the idea for their sites.