26 Aug GOOGLE’S AUG. 1 CORE ALGORITHM UPDATE “MEDIC UPDATE” – ITS IMPACT AND SOLUTION?
Google’s august 1 core algorithm update is the biggest update which most of us can recall. This algorithm update has affected organic search results as well as local results. One may wonder that if local changes reflected the changes in organic, as the organic ranking is more likely a factor where Google places the one locally. But the local SEO expert named joy Hawkins pointed that this is not the case. This actually looks like change in local ranking as well as organic ranking algorithm.
What we know about this update?
Google do not often announce that they had created an algorithm update but this time they did it! Danny Sullivan used the search liaison twitter account and tweeted- “every day, google commonly release more than one change which is designed so as to improve the results. Some of these changes focus on specific improvements while some on broad changes. Last week, broad core algorithm update is released by us….” but this only told people that this update is similar to one which was given on March 9.
When asked to Danny that how can a site recover from negatively being affected by the update then he answered- “just make the great content”. He also pointed at the ORG or quality rater’s guidelines and told that it is great guide which help one to determine what is to be considered for creating high quality content for Google.
Who all are impacted by this update-?
- This update affected your money or your life (YMYL) sites.
- Many sites which are related to medical device, nutrition and diet niches were highly affected.
- Informational sites and blogs are also affected.
- Many huge changes took with multiple site across the country seems to have dropped ranking in favor of local and small business.
How to recover from the broad core algorithm update?
- If the high ranking pages of yours have lost its position then put them in ICU. Compare them with site which replaced your position.
- Look at the content carefully of the site which is ranked high as compared to you.
- Before making some changes wait for some days as Google history of rolling back some changes.
- Have the content written by making extensive research on the basis on topic.
Now, you must have understood about the Google’s broad core algorithm and whom it affected and what can be in regard to it!